Friday, March 30, 2007

What's "Second Donkey" About

When I was thinking about starting this blog I was wondering what name to use. "Democratic VP Short List", "Dem Running Mate". Everything I came up with seemed pretty lame. Essentially, whoever will win the Democratic nomination next year, will be the leader of the Democratic Party until the election, hopefully longer. The donkey is the symbol of the Democratic Party, whoever will be the candidate will be the first or the leading donkey. Therefore, whoever will be chosen as the running mate will basically be the "Second Donkey". Bare with me, if you please.

"Second Donkey" is no more and no less than a blog about the next Democratic Vice President of the United States. I will take a closer look at a variety of possible running mates, whether they are rumored to be in the running or whether I believe they'd be viable. All candidates will be evalued, taking a look at what they could bring to the ticket and rating which possible nominee they'd most help. I'll divide these possible running mates up into four categories: "Senators", "Governors", "the rest", and "ain't gonna happen". In this last category I'll only put the most obvious few.

This is a long term project, meaning that profiles will be published at least once a week over the coming year until the eventual nominee chooses a running mate. So stay tuned and spread the word!

1 comment:

liberal_dem said...

Mike Easley of N. Carolina. Catholic, smart, lawyer, and Southerner.